The Easter Bank Holiday starts here. Busy four days of work ahead!
If you’re travelling by car this week, download the INRIX Traffic App from either the Apple iTunes App Store or for Android at the Google Play Store to see the best best time to start your journey and the possible hold ups along the way.
For those of you travelling via rail, well there’s 450 projects taking place across the UK so check your journey on the National Rail website prior to travelling!
Here’s the Top 10 projects taking place though that might affect your journey:
01. No Gatwick Express and Southern trains to / from London Victoria all Easter Bank Holiday Weekend.
Southern passengers will need to take a bus from Victoria to Clapham Junction for a connecting train. There’s no Gatwick Express service from Good Friday to Easter Monday inclusive. Southeastern are able to run as normal to / from Victoria.
02. No trains between Birmingham New St and Wolverhampton all Easter Bank Holiday Weekend.
London Midland will have a replacement bus running, Arriva Trains, CrossCountry and Virgin Trains West Coast will be diverting services around the Birmingham area or running a reduced service.
03. No East Anglia service from Liverpool Street all Easter Bank Holiday Weekend.
Abellio Greater Anglia passengers will need to take the London Underground Central Line to Newbury Park for a connecting bus service to Ingatestone for a connecting train.
04. No trains to / from Manchester Victoria from Good Friday until 3rd April.
Passengers will need to use the various replacement bus services.
05. No trains to / from London Cannon Street Good Friday to Easter Sunday.
Southeastern also have a number of other engineering works taking place over the holiday weekend. Passengers are advised to check before they travel.
06. Amended service in the Cardiff area from Easter Saturday until Tuesday.
Arriva Trains Wales / CrossCountry (CC services – retimed only) and Great Western Railway passengers may need to use the various replacement bus services. A number of trains are diverted too.
07. No trains between Stoke-on-Trent and Stafford all Easter Bank Holiday Weekend.
CrossCountry, London Midland and Virgin Trains West Coast services will either be diverted or replaced by buses.
08. London Underground.
Work is taking place on the District, Hammersmith and City and Metropolitan lines as well as London Overground and TFL Rail (Gidea Park – Shenfield).
09. No trains from Glasgow Queen Street High Level.
Glasgow Queen Street High Level is closed until Sunday 7th August 2016 inclusive, to allow engineering work to take place in the Queen Street Tunnel, this is in preparation for the electrification of the line to Edinburgh.
10. No trains between Reading and Oxford / Swindon on Easter Sunday.
CrossCountry and Great Western Railway passengers will need to use the replacement bus service.
Enjoy your Easter Weekend what you’re doing.